Skip to content
- Experience…Since 1962, Ed Hill Tours has been crafting exceptional tours to Israel, Greece, Italy, Turkey, and other Christian-interest and sightseeing destinations in Europe. With over 61 years in Christian group travel, we know of no other company that can match our years of experience. Our staff has made over 300 trips just to Israel escorting hundreds of groups. We are known for integrity, high quality tours, and caring professional service.
- Integrity. 1) EHT does not require a non-refundable deposit to book a tour. This is a practice some tour companies use to “lock in” their groups, since no tour leader wants to forfeit their deposit. 2) Misleading advertising. Many pastors and ministry leaders are not initially aware than some tour companies advertise just a “Land Only” price. That can be particularly deceptive when that fact is not stated where it can be easily seen and may be difficult to find unless you search through their website, or discover it in the fine print at the bottom of the advertisement. When the airfare is added, the total price can be $1000 to $2000 more. Note: Of course we make “Land Only” prices available to passengers who use airline miles or points or wish to make their own air arrangements for any reason. 3) Some tour companies do not include the “Carrier-Imposed Fees” (aka “Fuel Surcharge”) in their advertised price…it’s hidden in the fine print. As of this writing, the Carrier-Imposed Fee round-trip New York to Israel is nearly $700. We want our prospective clients to know the full price up-front and not feel they were misled in any way. 4) Many of our tour leaders request specific hotels and our groups always know exactly where they are staying before they travel…we never state a certain hotel and add “Or Similar.” When a tour company adds “Or Similar” to a named hotel, they are then able to place a group in almost any hotel they can say is similar. That tactic is usually applied when the tour company gets a lower price at the last-minute. Of course, no reduction is passed along to the group. This is simply a form of bait of switch. 5) Our groups are never solicited during their tour for extra tipping. We include all gratuities for hotel staffs and guides and drivers as a separate item in the tour cost. We use the best guides and drivers and believe they should be paid fairly. We absolutely DO NOT pass the hat at the end of the tour when many tour members may be running low on cash. 6) We do not offer so-called “Optional Tours” such as Masada or a “Jerusalem by Night” tour.” Optional tours are simply an extra profit item for the tour company. With EHT, all sites, such as Masada, are already included. 7) Some tour companies advertise Free Lunches or Free Water on the bus. The truth is…they’re not really free…an amount has already been included in the tour cost. Every tour member has already paid the same amount for lunches and water, no matter what they eat for lunch, if they choose not to eat, or how much water they drink.
- Nonstop flights to Israel and European destinations. Although we can arrange stop-overs or sightseeing extensions in various European destinations, we typically use nonstop flights on major airlines from U.S. gateway cities. When a flight stops in Europe with a change of planes, there is usually often no escort to meet the group. The group must find it’s way through a large often sometimes confusing foreign airport on their own and usually go through a long security line again. This makes the possibility of missing their connecting flight a major concern. Very stressful and not a fun! Groups who take these connecting flights should allow a minimum of two to three hours for the connection and that is assuming their flight arrived on time.
- We use the very best guides. The knowledge, temperament, and overall professionalism of the guide is vital to the success of any tour. Our guides have worked with us for many years, and they are true professionals that understand the high level of guiding and service that we require for our groups. They are among the most in-demand guides for Christian groups and are known for their expertise in both Old & New Testaments, history, archaeology, and current events.
- Client retention. Over 90% of the pastors and tour leaders who travel with us become repeat clients. Approximately 75% of our new clients are the result of referrals from present clients. We work with large and small churches of all denominations and various ministry organizations. Whether it’s a small or large group, we treat every tour and each individual passenger with the utmost care and professionalism.
- No Surprises – No Letdowns – There can always be a “glitch” in any tour due to circumstances beyond our control such as: weather related issues, mechanical problems, lost luggage, heavy traffic, etc. But our policy of “No Surprises – No Letdowns” is the primary reason we have built a loyal client base through the years and receive so many referrals!